“For those of you who love hops, this is for you and yours. Spiced Dad Glaze can be used in multiple recipes. From our Dad Spiced Ham to a Harvest Hash, we are gearing up for a cozy holiday!” – Chef Christian Gill
- 1 can of Rhinegeist Dad
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/8 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of cardamom
- A dash of ground clove
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch blended with 2 teaspoons of cold water in a separate bowl
- In a small saucepan, combine Rhinegeist Dad, honey and spices.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes. This will give the mixture time to blend while reducing slightly.
- Bring back to a boil and incorporate cornstarch and water. Whisk quickly as glaze will thicken.
- Turn off heat and let the glaze rest for 10 minutes.
- Now you are ready to Dad-spice everything!
For more Rhinegeist Recipe recommendations from Chef Christian Gill, like a Spiced Dad Ham or a Harvest Hash, check out the extra recipes below:
Dad Spiced Ham
- 9-15 pound spiral cut ham
- Large baking pan or roasting pan for ham
- 1 cup of Spiced Dad Glaze
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar loosely packed
- Preheat oven to 275 Fahrenheit
- Place ham in roasting pan and evenly distribute cloves in ham.
- Rub ham down in brown sugar, making sure to coat entire ham. If you need more brown sugar go for it but not too much!
- Brush half of Spiced Dad Glaze over the top and sides of the ham, making sure to let some of the glaze fall into the slices or creases.
- Cover with foil and place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes per pound.
- Once timer goes off increase oven heat to 375 and remove ham from oven.
- Slather the rest of the glaze on the ham and place back in 375 degrees oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Ham should be slightly slick and smell like happiness. It’ll have a hoppy flavor accompanied by the smoky sweet profile of brown sugar and clove. This ham is for hop lovers!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 medium oriental sweet potato
- 6-8 small purple potatoes
- 3 small to medium golden beets
- 1 cup of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 small shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup of Spiced Dad Glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for casserole dish
- 1 large casserole dish or dutch oven
- Preheat oven to 375 fahrenheit.
- Wash all your vegetables thoroughly.
- In a medium sauce pan add the golden beets and bring pan to a boil. Let the beets boil for 15 minutes.
- While beets are cooking, peel the two types of sweet potatoes then dice them into 1 inch chunks.
- Slice your purple potatoes into quarters and julienne shallots.
- Rinse beets under cold water until you can safely peel and dice into chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl toss all of your ingredients in Spiced Dad Glaze, salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat casserole dish or dutch oven in a small amount of olive oil then evenly spread hash mixture into the dish.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes, then uncovered for 25 minutes. Top of hash should brown lightly.
- Serve with your favorite green vegetable and Dad Spiced Ham!