Puma Beer Cheese and Queen City Metts
With summer approaching, a refreshing take on the hot dog using Rhinegeist Puma is a no-brainer. Queen City Sausages, Servatti Pretzels, and Puma Beer Cheese create a dangerous trio of Cincinnati favorites!
- 1 pack of Queen City Smoked Mettwurst
- 1 pack of pretzel long buns (We love Servatti!)
- 2 cups of your favorite pickles shredded (try our pickle slaw from the Hustle & Pastrami pairing)
Puma Beer Cheese:
- 1 can of Rhinegeist Puma
- 2 small wheels of Boursin style cheese
- 4 heaping cups of shredded sharp white cheddar (shred it yourself!)
- 2 tablespoons of grey poupon
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
Ready for the fun? Instructions:
- Crack open the can of Puma, and pour it into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a low boil and add all ingredients.
- Once all the cheese has melted, bring back to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to low and let simmer for 30 mins stirring occasionally.
- While simmering, grill your metts to your liking! Toasting the buns only add to the textures and flavors of this dish.
- Once the beer cheese is fully incorporated, salt to taste and turn off heat.
Build your Queen City Pumas your way, just make sure to top with the Puma beer cheese. Enjoy with a cold Puma and friends!