"With fall on its way we should give it up for summer one more time! This citrus, ginger, and fresh tuna salad is a refreshing pairing and delctable with Crash Pale Ale. Celebrate the end of summer the right way!" -Chef Christian Gill
- 3 tablespoons of mirin (sweetened rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of chili garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of white sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of black sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup of chardonnay vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of local honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- 1 thai chili (fresh), thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 packs of Rice crisps (gluten free) or your favorite cracker
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced diagonally then sliced in thin long strips
- 1 small to medium size red onion julienne sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds high quality fresh tuna diced into 1/4 inch chunks (Chef Gill: it should be crimson in color, and smell like fresh air. No, seriously the highest quality tuna doesn't smell fishy or briny!)
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk vigorously. Set aside and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before your sauce is done, dice your fresh tuna and into small 1/4 inch cubes (Chef Gill: I like larger chunks because I love the taste of raw tuna).
- Cut your cucumber into long 1/8 inch slices diagonally then stack three of them and cut length wise again into thin strips. More surface area!
- Combine all dry ingredients —cucumber, tuna, and onion— in a large bowl. Whisk your sauce to re-blend the oil, then gently pour over your tuna mixture. Mix gently with a large wooden spoon or silicone bowl scraper.
- Garnish with more sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with a side of your favorite seaweed salad and rice crisps!