Silver for DO Mastodon!
The Rhinegeist team returned from this year's Festival of Barrel Aged Beers (FOBAB) with some sweet, silver glory, capturing second prize for Double Oaked Mastodon in the "Other Dark Beer" category. This brew is the tasty result of aging Mastodon, our Belgian Style Dark Ale, in bourbon barrels for 10 months and red wine barrels for 3 months.
Special congrats to our badass Barrel Master Luke Cole and to our fellow winners and brewery friends from Cincy and beyond!
We've got new glassware, headwear, footwear, outerwear, plus other odds and ends available in our taproom store and online. Take a gander at a few highlights:
- Military T-Shirts: specially made for Veterans Day, these limited release tees celebrate those who have served our country! Available in sand or olive green.
- 5-Panel Charcoal Hat: monochromatically cool and automatically awesome.
- Enamel Mug: durable and versatile, this liquid lover is an ideal vessel for a cup of anything.
Bring Your Own Dad (#BYOD), Bring Your Own Plaid (#BYOP).
The weird, wacky and wonderful Dad Day returns on December 2nd, taking over the taproom from 12-6pm. This year's family-friendly bash will feature throwback jams, an Airing of Grievances Board (tell us how you really feel pops!), and plenty of pints of our Dad, a Hoppy Holiday Ale, to go around. For all the details, navigate over to our FB Event.
Here's what else is on the event docket:
- Thanksgiving Eve with Soul Step Records: we’re celebrating the 4th release in local label Soul Step Records’ Brewers Series with a free concert from Cincy natives Modern Aquatic! See you (and everyone you haven’t seen since high school) on the 22nd! For more info, check out our FB Event.
- Pint Pilgrimage: Louisville: from 11/29 to 12/1, we'll be hanging in our fellow river city for a shenanigan-filled sud soirée, with events at HopCat, Wick's Pizza and Headliner's Music Hall! To learn more, visit our FB Event.
If you want to stay up-to-date on new beers, kickass events and the occasional brewery GIF, be sure to sign up for our news-laden newsletter and we'll have updates like this sent right to your inbox.
All love, all the time!
The Rhinegeist Team