"This Hustle Bolognese is a surefire home run for friends and family. A deep, meaty texture fused with a light, well-rounded Red Lager flavor makes this heavy-hitting meat sauce a walk-off." - Chef Christian Gill
- 1 can of Rhinegeist Hustle
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 medium onions, medium diced
- 4 celery stalks, small diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 1 pound of thick cut bacon sliced into small chunks
- 1 pound ground beef (chuck)
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 4oz tomato paste
- 1 16oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of saltless Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded Romano cheese
- Your favorite pasta!
- In a medium or large stock pot, cook bacon over medium high heat until fat is rendered.
- Once bacon is curling at the tips add celery, garlic, and onions. Sautée for 3-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add beef, sausage and tomato paste.
- Brown proteins and then reduce heat to medium.
- As the pot begins to boil, add crushed tomatoes and Italian seasonings.
- Add Hustle.
- Stirring frequently, bring sauce back to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Simmer covered for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If necessary, add Hustle to keep sauce from sticking if mixture thickens too much.
- After 35 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot over your favorite pasta (that you've already cooked!). Garnish with green onion and Romano cheese.
- When you run out, make another batch and freeze it!