Five Years of Franz
Less shirts, more mustaches.
Franztoberfest, our offbeat Oktoberfest party, is back for its 5th year of hairy glory, touching down in our taproom on Saturday, September 9th. This year's Bavarian bash will feature an inflatable joust arena, specialty suds, grub from Bee's Barbecue, and tunes from a trio of DJs and Vereins Musikanten, a traditional German band that likes to "party like it's 1899."
For all the details, scoot over to our FB Event page.
Two hoppy, late-summer staples are back in the brew rotation and we're feeling all sorts of happy about it:
- Stryker (9.3% | 100+ IBU): Named for our Lead Brewer Aaron, Stryker is a hop-forward Imperial IPA, packed with dank, resinous citrus notes and flourishes of passionfruit flavor. Available the week of 8/21 in 22oz bombers and on draft.
- Crash (5.4% | 44 IBU): Our terrifically tropical and explosively hoppy Pale Ale is back in cans the week of 8/21. An electrifying brew, Crash pops with notes of citrus, peach, tangelo and papaya.
Also, be on the lookout for these upcoming additions to our draft-only brew crew:
- Rough Ridge (5.8% | 44 IBU): The brainchild of our brewer Austin, this Pale Ale is a Southern delight, offering heaps of stone fruit flavor. Available the week of 8/21.
- Trip Trap (5.7% | 48 IBU): A collaboration with our Covington compadres at The Gruff, this Pale Ale is citrus-forward, with a soft, wheaty malt base. Available the week of 8/28.
- Scully (7.8% | 27 IBU): From the mind of our brewer Natalie, this Imperial Ginger Ale sings with floral and citrus flavor, the result of a tantalizing orange blossom honey addition. Available the week of 8/28.
Save the Date
On October 28th, we'll honor the extraordinary, the unobtainable, and the unexpected at Rare Beer Fest, an invite-only event that will bring breweries — and their rarest suds — from across the country to Cincinnati.
Tickets go on sale on Friday, September 8th. Participating breweries will be announced prior to that date. Keep an eye on our FB Event for updates.
If you want to stay up-to-date on new beers, kickass events and the occasional brewery GIF, be sure to sign up for our news-laden newsletter and we'll have updates like this sent right to your inbox.
Get it, got it, good,
The Rhinegeist Team